Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Last week's projects


Just dawned on me that I never uploaded last week's projects!! Sorry! But better late than never so here they are!
Cracked Glass- I stamped the tree in Basic black and then I masked a circle using the ¾ “ circle punch and then dabbed on Elegant Eggplant, then Night of Navy and then Going Gray Inks. I removed the mask and colored the circle in with Curry Marker. Then I dipped the entire piece in Versamark and embossed with Glassy Glaze and repeated. Then I let it cool for a few minutes. Once cool, I bent the entire thing in all different directions to crack the embossing. I sponged on a little Gray ink to make it get in the cracks to give more of a antique look. I used the splashes from Extreme Elements in Eggplant ink and then used Curry cardstock to mat and mounted it all on Basic Gray Card base






Faux Tin For this card I took a piece of Metallic Silver Cardstock and ran it through big shot with in an embossing folder. After it is embossed, flip it over to the indented side and with Basic Gray Ink. Mount it to Black cardstock and then on a Basic Gray card base. The Best Wishes is stamped in Basic Gray also on Metallic Silver and punched out with the Large Oval punch and mounted on a Black Scalloped Oval.



Salt Frosted Edges- I stamped the snow flakes in Bashful Blue and then punched them out using the Boho Blossoms punch. I popped a few up with dimensionals and just adhered the rest. I stamped the very merry with Ballet Blue. I assembled the ballet blue and Bashful Blue cardstocks together and then I used Mono multipurpose adhesive and LIGHTLY covered the edges of the Ballet Blue and then scooped it through a tray of table salt… This gives the “frosted” look





Stenciling- I punch out the ornament with the ornament punch and used the outline. Then I ran the Merry Details Sizzlit through the Big shot and also used the outline piece. I used these as stencils and sponged Soft Suede in the ornament shape and the then sponged the gold on the ‘cap’ of the ornament. Then using the merry details I sponged silver ink into the different shapes to decorate the Ornaments.







No comments: