Wednesday, March 18, 2009

3/11/09 Class

Last weeks class:

MELTED CRAYON BACKGROUND – For this card I took a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and Wax Paper, and sharpened old crayons (just regular crayons like crayola!) over the cardstock in random colors. Then I took a dry paint brush dipped in Pearl Ex and tapped Pearl Ex over the crayon shavings. Next I covered it with the wax paper and used my heat tool to melt the wax, while rubbing a bone folder over it to smush the wax all over the cardstock. Lift up the wax paper and make sure all the white is covered. You can add more shavings if necessary, and heat again. Finally I stamped the images directly over the crayon with black craft ink and embossed with clear powder. Save the wax paper, It makes awesome embellishment!
WATERCOLORING WITH CRAFT INKS- I stamped the flowers and squiggles from Doodle This Stamp set on the Taken with Teal Card stock in Staz-On Ink. Then I made a pallet with Yoyo Yellow, Pink Passion and Green Galore CRAFT reinkers. Using my aquapainter. I picked up just tiny bits of the craft ink and painted my image. The craft ink shows up vibrant even on dark cardstocks! Then I used Mono Multipurpose Adhesive and the pink glitter from the fine cosmo glitter stack and highlighted the image.










TRI-FOLD MATCHBOOK CARD- Cut cardstock in half to measure 4 ¼ x 11 and then score at 3 5/8 and 7 1/4. Cut about ½ off one end. I used the Big Shot to cut out the L and then used Define Your Life & A Beautiful Thing stamp sets, as well as the St. Patty’s Stamp from a retired set. I also used the Slit Punch to to hold the card closed. This would also be really cute as a gift card holder by attaching a gift card inside using a mini glue dot.








LACED MEDALLION- For this card I used Brushed Gold Cardstock, Not Quite Navy and Sage Shadow. The Brushed Gold Cardstock was cut to 2 ¾ x 2 ¾ . Then using my new favorite punch…the Eyelet Border Punch. I held the cardstock as evenly as possible in the center of each edge and punched, leaving this beautiful design. The flower is the melted crayon covered wax paper embossed with Black Embossing powder using the Flower from God’s Beauty Stamp Set. I stamped it 3 times. Punched out the design 2 times with the 5 Petal Punch and cut out the remaining one and layered it with dimensionals.

1 comment:

Jheffner said...

Thanks for using my Melted Crayon Technique (published in January 2009)! You can view the entire tutorial on my website, AfterHoursStamper.com,

http://www.afterhoursstamper.com/2009/01/new-techniquetutorial-for-you-faux.html

and also view another version of the same tutorial:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/18674925/Melted-Crayon-Technique