Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March 25th Class


BUNNY CARD- You will need a piece of cardstock 3 5/8 x 4 ¼” for the card base. Then you will need the following punched from white 2 Wide Oval, 2 Large Oval, 2- 3/4” Circles, 4 Scallop Ovals ( large ovals could also be used). From Rose Romance you need 2 Heart to Heart Punches, 6- ¼ circles, & 2 small ovals, then in Pink Piroutte you need 2 – ½ circles and then 2 – ¼ circles in black… I sponged all the edges and then adhered everything but the ears on the front and then put the ears on the inside so they show when the card is open as well.

CHICK CARD – For the card base you will need Barely Banana cut to 5x8 1/4 then you will need 2 scalloped or large ovals and 1- 1” Circle cut in half from barely banana,2 five petal flowers and a snow blossom from pumpkin pie, 2-1”circle from White and 2- ½” circles from Chocolate Chip. I stamped the egg on Designer paper and then cut out… The stripes were done on Kiwi and Pink and then cut out , the pink pirouette on the inside line and the kiwi on the outline and mounted them together.


FRAMING- I took a scrap piece of cardstock and cut out a rectangle in the center. I used this as a mask over my piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Then I stamped the flowers from Botanical Blooms in Sage Shadow ink and then sponged the same color ink to fill in the rectangle. I dressed it up a little by adding paper piercing and Organza Ribbon and tone on tone stamping the same flowers on the Sage Shadow card base




MOSAIC – For this mosaic, I used scraps and a large self adhesive label .Dig in your scrap drawer, box or whatever and find some scraps of designer paper and coordinating cardstock. Tear it into tiny pieces. Then I kind of sprinkled them over the sticky side of the label and pushed them down and rearranged to cover most of the area. I added the extra pieces wherever needed. Then I took a tiny spoon and sprinkled various areas with a tiny bit of glitter. Then take embossing powder ( You can use more than one color) and fill in the rest of the sticky areas and heat emboss. Stamp images over the entire thing, I used the new Sense of Time set since it was vintage looking, and cut into 1” squares. Adhere them in any pattern on the card Base.









No comments: