Wednesday, March 18, 2009

3/18/09 Class

CHALKBOARDING- For this card I used YOYO Yellow, Pixie Pink, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip Cardstocks. I stamped the images from Wagon Full of Fun on the Chocolate Chip using Whisper White Craft Ink, and then using Sponge Daubers and Pastels, dabbed on pastels to color the images. Then I used the Eyelet Border Punch to punch the piece of pumpkin pie card stock to dress it up a little.

MULTIPLE EMBOSS RESIST- First I inked up the fish from the Ocean Commotion Stamp Set with versamark and then baha breeze, then stamped. Then I inked up the seahorse with versamark and then creamy carmel and stamped. Then I embossed both with clear embossing powder. Then I did the shells with versamark and close to cocoa, and embossed them. The I used the Swirl from Baroque Motifs stamp set inked in versamark and Always Artichoke and embossed again… Then finally I added the swirls from Ocean Commotion with Versamark and Kiwi Kiss and stamped then embossed them. Then sponged the top with Night of Navy and the bottom with creamy caramel. The neatest thing about this is you can overlap images but the clear embossing powder will repel the new ink so it doesn’t show up and doesn’t require masking.
TEXTURED IMPRESSIONS – For this card I used the new Textured impressions folder to give the beautiful embossed background. Then I Stamped the Rose from Fifth Ave Floral set in Rose Red Ink on White Cardstock and cut it out, I used Watercolor crayons to lightly color areas of the flower then followed up with an Aquapainter to blend the colors. I used the edge of the horizontal slot punch on the crease of the card to hold my ribbon and then used the new Scalloped Oval punch and stamp set from the upcoming Occasions Mini for the words. I also used the Large oval punch to cut out the saying


OUTLINING- Ink your stamp with a light color ink as normal, (I used So Saffron) then take a marker (I used Really Rust and outline the inked image with the marker. “Huff” your breath on it to remoisten the ink and stamp! This gives your image an outlined look aroung the edges!



No comments: