Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Good Afternoon!

I am so sorry I have not posted to much in the past week or so! I have been soooo busy. Saturday I went to a 12hr long scrapbooking crop, so I spent most of the week packing up supplies and things for that... I must brag and say I got 29 pages done! Then Monday night I had the local Pop Warner Board Meeting, then last night was the State Pop Warner meeting in Seaford....Anna, my 13 yr old got sick on Sunday, so yesterday morning I took her to the doctor which is 45 minutes away.... THE FLU! UGH! So the doctor told me if I got the other 2 littles ones their flu shot ASAP then it might help to keep them from catching it... The only time they could fit them in was yesterday afternoon, so I brought Anna home, went to the elem school, got Alyssa, then the middle school to get Alex and then the 45 minute ride back to the doctor for their shots.... we had the gourmet McDonalds for dinner and then I came in the house for about an hour or so and out the door to the board meeting... I got home at about 10 and started planning for tomorrow nights class... Just finished everything up.... hope you enjoy!






HIGHLIGHTING- Stamp images as desired. I randomly stamped the daffodil from the Just Buzzing By Stamp set. Then using a white gel pen, outline small areas of the image. This not only highlights the design but it also adds the illusion of dimension.













DECODER CARD- This is a really fun interactive card design. Stamp a message design or phrase with a light blue ink such as Bashful Blue or Baja Breeze. Then stamp over and over the image in a red ink. I used Rose Red but it really depends on what brand or shade your cello wrap is. Then make a small decoder using a piece of red cellophane gift wrap adhered inside cardstock with a hole. When held over the ‘secret message’ only what you stamped in blue will show up

MOONLIGHTING- Using a scrap piece of cardstock. Punch a circle. Use the piece of cardstock with the hole as a template for where you want your moon or sun. Using a sponge and a yellow ink (I used More Mustard sample) and sponge ink in the hole very lightly in the center getting darker toward the edges. Then use the circle you punched and cover the moon/sun and sponge either light blue, dark blue, grey etc. around the circle to create the sky. Remove the circle and stamp desired image














FAUX SUEDE- It is a little hard to see the faux suede in the picture, but it is used on the belt buckle. Take a piece of chipboard, and using direct to paper, swipe over it a few times with close to cocoa ink. Let dry, then repeat with Creamy Caramel. Let Dry and repeat with More Mustard. It actually turns out better if you do not completely cover it each time. The light and dark variances actually gives it more of the suede look.

No comments: