Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hard cards to make...



The hardest cards for me to make are sympathy cards... One because it is always sad to make and two because most people usually keep sympathy cards forever in a memory box, or at least I did when I lost my son. One of April's close friends passed away suddenly on Saturday in his sleep, so sad. He was only 18 yrs old and had his wisdom teeth removed at the beginning of the week. The autopsy report is not back yet, but they are thinking either sepsis or meningistis due to infection from the dental work! How sad for such a young life to be lost so quickly from something so simple as his wisdom teeth being removed. April came over today and asked me to make a really big card so all his friends could sign it and they could present it to his grandmother with whom he lived. She said there needed to be room for 20-30 signatures. I used 3 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11. Pink Piroutte, Mellow Moss, and Natural Ivory. I scored 1/2 inch from the top of the Pink cardstock and attacthed it to
the Mellow Moss with Eyelets then used the Rose is a Rose Stamp set along with a retired set called A Brighter tomorrow. I used Pink Piroutte, Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss , & Always Artichoke Inks. Then added Dazzling Diamonds to accent each flower (with Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive). I cut around the flowers and added some ribbon and a couple buttons to fancy it up a little.
Rest in peace, Payton!
Tanya

No comments: