Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Now for this weeks Class....

SHADING EMBOSSED IMAGES-First I stamped the 3 flowers from Embrace Life Stamp set in versamark on Summer Sun Cardstock and 1 time on Always Artichoke.
Then I heat embossed them with gold embossing powder. Using my aquapainter and Pumpkin Pie ink, I just added some lines of shading around the center of the summer sun flowers going all the out to the edge without reinking. I cut the Artichoke flower into 4 sections and used it for leaves. Also I double stamped the word Celebrate in Summer Sun and Pumpkin Pie to give it the faux embossed look.


HINGE CARD – For this card I used a 3x 4 ¼ piece of Barely Banana and Pink Pirouette, and then a 4 ¼ x 5 ½ piece of Baja Breeze. I used the scallop punch on the Banana then adhered it to the Baja, leaving about ½ at the top with no adhesive. I decorated the Pink piece and attached the chick only by putting adhesive only at the top and then attached the pink piece only using a brad on one side about ½ under the Banana piece. The card will now open on the “brad hinge”. When closed the mounted chick goes in front of the Banana and the pink goes behind it.




PUNCH SHAMROCK- On this card, I stamped the heart from Polka Dot Punches Stamp Set 4 times on Mellow Moss using Handsome Hunter Ink and punched them out with the heart punch. Then I also stamped the Good Luck and punched it with the Designer Label Punch. I stamped the background with Vanilla Craft ink using the circular stamp from the same set. Then adhered the 4 hearts together. I used Linen Thread to tie a knot on the button and adhered it to the center. Then I adhered the “good luck” to the card and just put a Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware piece over it using the vanilla brads.


MICROBEAD FLOWER CENTER- Microbeads can be used to highlight and decorate in many ways. One of my favorite ways to use them is to punch a ½ circle of cardstock (summer sun in pic) and place a pop up glue dot on it. Squeeze edges slightly to make it fit the circle perfectly. Then just press it down in your container of
Microbeads. This makes the perfect center for flowers. In the sample, I used this technique on a Fresh Cut Note with the Fresh Cuts Stamp Set and a 5 petal flower punch.



No comments: