Wednesday, February 18, 2009


I can not wait until my kids are better! I have had at least one home sick every day for the past week and a half... come on spring!! Thank goodness I have I not caught anything yet!! I don't have time to be sick HAHA! I have class tonight and the hostess club tomorrow night and class and stamp camp next week. Wonder if I can overdose on vitamin C?!?! Let's hope not! Here is a sneak peek of one of the projects for tomorrow night's club... It is made using one of the new texture templates for the big shot and One of a kind stamp set. I love these texture plates, they really add pizazz to any project and is so quick compared to dry embossing!



For tonight's class, I am teaching stamp positioning using the Stamp a Majig. Here is the scoop:
STAMP POSITIONING – Sometimes you come across a stamp set that really needs exact positioning to get the best result. A stamp-a-majig makes it easy! First I stamped the tree trunks on the cardstock and set aside. Then I lined up a piece of vellum in the corner of the stamp-a-majig, and then stamped directly down on it by using the inside corners of the T to guide the stamp. This is now your guide. Line up the image on the vellum exactly where you want it on the cardstock you are stamping. Then place the stamp-a-majig on the corner of the vellum, and without moving the “T”, take away the vellum and stamp directly down in the corner of the T. Your image will be exactly where you wanted it.



Everyone will also be learning how to make the following projects:
FAUX PUNCHED TIN CABINET- You will need 2- 1”x4 ¼ strips, 2- 1”x 5 ½” strips, and 5 ½”x 8 ½ card base (creamy caramel on sample) then a 3x4 piece of brushed so silver cardstock. First I took my paper snips and made some dung marks with the point of the scissors and added some scratches. The using direct to paper, made some swipes on the strips for a wood appearance. I stamped the silver with a stamp from Polka Dot Punches (any dot design would work) and then lightly sanded each piece. I held each long and short strip together in an “L” shape and cut diagonally to “miter” the corners. Then just adhere it all together...

HEARTS FLOWER- Using 6 hearts (mine were so saffron) lightly add color using a craft pad (I used Regal Rose) then ink just the edges using a darker shade of craft ink (I used Rose Red). Adhere 3 hearts to your cardfront, with tips touching. Then cover the excess spaces between them with the remaining 3 hearts. I used brads for the flower center but glitter, cardstock, ink etc could be used instead.



Last but not least the:
JOY FOLD CARD- You will need one piece of cardstock 4 ¼" x 8 ½",one piece of cardstock 3" x 8" ,one piece of patterned paper 4" x 5 ¼" and one piece of different patterned paper 2 ¾" x 4"and then any cardstock you need to decorate it. Start by scoring the 4 ¼ x 8 ½ piece at 5 ½ then score the 3x8” piece at 4”. Cover the 5 ½ inch section with the lg. pc. Of paper and the flap with small. Decorate the 3x8” piece as desired and attach ½ of it to the base. The other half will fold over the flap. Notice the small oval on the bottom. It is adhered with a dimensional so the very edge of the cupcake piece will fit under it to “lock’ the card.
















1 comment:

Emma A said...

I Love the Faux Punched Tin and the Joy Fold Cards! SNARF. Consider the idea snatched! Your the best. Stamp Camp countdown: 1 week..... EEEEK!